Frequently asked questions
The Club Secretary carries out or delegates all the administrative duties that enable the club and its members to function effectively. The secretary provides the main point of contact for people within and outside the Club on just about every aspect of the Club's activities.
The Secretary should:
• be organised
• have computer skills
• be a good communicator
• be able to keep confidential matters confidential.
• Notify Consumer Affairs of the Secretary appointment or a change of the Secretary’s details
• Notify Consumer Affairs of a change of the association’s registered address by lodging a Change of Association Details form
• Within 1 month after the annual general meeting, lodge an Annual Statement and other required financial documents with the prescribed fee.
- Obtain from Treasurer Annual Income and Expenditure Statement and Assets and Liability Statement
• Apply to Consumer Affairs for approval to alter your rules within 28 days after the alteration was passed by special resolution. An Application for Alteration of Rules or Purpose must be lodged with the prescribed fee
OTHER DUTIES THAT CAN ARISE
• Apply to the Registrar for approval of a name change within 1 month after passing a special resolution. An Application for Change of Association Name must be lodged with the prescribed fee.
• Notify the Consumer Affairs of a special resolution in relation to wind up and distribution of the assets of the association.
• Visit www.consumer.vic.gov.au for forms and details of fees etc.
• Maintain Committee and Club records
• Manage Minutes of Committee meetings, including either recording the Minutes or ensuring the Minutes are taken
• Develop meeting agendas in consultation with other Committee members and distribute prior to the meeting
• Be familiar with all current Club documents
• Be responsible for ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements
• Enable and authorise people to help with the Committee's business. This includes signing a copy of the final approved Minutes and ensuring that the signed copy is maintained
• Ensure that the records of the Club are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorised persons. These records may include founding documents, lists of Committee members, Committee meeting Minutes, financial reports, and other official records
• Ensure that official records are maintained of members of the Club and Committee. He / she ensures that these records are available when required for reports, elections, referenda, other votes etc
• Provide an up-to-date copy of the Constitution and bylaws at all meetings
• Ensure that proper notification is given of Committee and Club meetings as specified in the rules
• Manage the general correspondence of the Committee except for such correspondence assigned to others
• Help and lead the Committee in providing systematic communication from the Committee to Club members and other relevant stakeholders
• Provide a summary of Committee Minutes for distribution to all Club members via website and noticeboards
• The Secretary may also be the nominated person to receive and file relevant Police Check records or Working with Children documentation.
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICITY OFFICER
organisation and the Committee.
The Sponsorship Coordinator is the chief organiser of sponsorship arrangements for all sections of the Surf Coast Club.
The Sponsorship Coordinator reports regularly to the Committee.
• Be organised and professional
• Be able to delegate and support a working group
• Be personable and can present the club and the virtues of being a sponsor
• Be creative in looking at new ways to service and satisfy sponsors
The Sponsorship Coordinator should:
• Liaise with the committee to assist with key tasks and timelines
• Review the current Sponsorship package and be familiar with what the club promises to sponsors
• Work with the communications coordinator to promote sponsors via social media
• Prepare a budget, monitor and report regularly
• Keep a proper record of sponsor details
• Send out a letter / email to current sponsors regarding their commitment for the coming season
• Seek new club sponsors and meet with potentials to outline what services they would value most
• Organise signage to be produced and erected
• Maintain a Memorandum of Understanding with each club sponsor
• Make sure sponsor representatives are met when attending functions or match day
• Liaise with the social committee regarding sponsor invitations and special function calendars
• Give a report at regular meetings and when required
• Liaise with the Club Social committee to ensure social events support our sponsors and, where appropriate, raise money for the club
• Liaise with competition coordinators to ensure that sponsors get recognition
• Send out a thank you letter at the completion of the season and a sponsor survey to support planning for the following year
The team manager’s role is to complete, maintain and organise the necessary tasks of scheduling, paperwork and communications to allow the coaches ample time to focus on coaching the players.
They are also required:
• To act as the go-between for the parents and the coach/Coach Coordinator
• To pass on the coach’s requests to the parents and players
• To provide feedback from the parents to the coach
• To ensure the successful management of the team and welfare of the players in their care, whilst making sure that all off field matters are dealt with efficiently and timely
• Organise players to be at right place at right time
• Organise the parent roster to bring refreshments
• Organise someone to be the ground marshal
• Organise parents to setup/packup goals, nets, flags etc
• Assist the club where required in supporting fundraising activities and social events
• Liaise with all team members, parents, coaches and officials to ensure all are informed of training, competition and club functions via Team App
• Document or make note of any problems that arise between team members, parents, coaches and supporters and present these to a club committee member
• Communicate parent concerns or complaints to the Coordinator in the first instance and then either the Club Administrator or a Club Committee member
• Ensure parents know how to purchase their playing uniform
• Ensure parents know how to access the fixture list from the website and Team App
• Organise prior to the commencement of the season the duty roster for the parents for example Ground Marshall, Linesman, refreshments, etc.
• Ensure correct spelling of player names on trophies, team photos, etc. when requested by the club
• Organise tournament entry forms and entry fees as required
MATCH DAY DUTIES (specific)
• Ensure linesman/marshal are in attendance
• If playing at home ensure the corner flags are in place (for U12 half pitch make sure portable goals are in place)
• Fill out match day book including: players name and ID registration number, coach’s name
• Hand match day book and fees to referee prior to game commencement
• Upon game completion sign and collect match day book and return to coach (retain Pink slip)
• Pink slip is then used to enter the team and result into the appropriate FV system
The role of the Treasurer is to be responsible for the financial supervision of the Club to allow the Committee to provide good governance. The Treasurer is responsible to regularly report on the Club‘s financial status to both the Committee and the Club members.
• Good organisational skills
• Has some financial expertise
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Dedicated Club person
• Honest and trustworthy
• Good computer skills
• Good communication skills
• Provide advice to the Committee in their management of the Club finances
• Administer all financial affairs of the Club
• Lead the annual budget process and ensure an appropriate annual budget is provided to the Committee for approval
• Ensure development and Committee review of financial policies and procedures
• Support any required auditing processes
• Receipt of all incoming monies
• Bank all monies received
• Pay all accounts
• Maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure
• Ensure that all receipts and payments concur with bank deposits and withdrawals
• Monthly financial reports to be presented at monthly committee meetings
• Arrange and dispatch invoices for periodical payment
• Keep accurate record of all membership payments
• Be a signatory on club account
• Bank deposit book
• Receipt details slips
• XERO Subscription
• FFV Finance System Login
• MS Excel
• Internet Banking Access linked to XERO