Why does the Academy exist?
The academy has been introduced to offer players in the region extra coaching sessions delivered by highly qualified coaches. These sessions are additional to ‘club team’ training and are targeted to players that want to further develop their skills.
Practising small details
makes big things happen.
What difference will the Academy make?
Surf Coast Football Academy mission, is to help develop the game in the region by providing young players with a solid foundation. There are many players in this country that have missed out on quality youth development experiences and in many cases have been over coached.
Our academy will ensure each player has a positive introduction to football and learn the skills required for further progression in the game by focusing on the below:
• Player Development; Research based long term player development philosophy and player review model.
• Coach Development; Creative and effective youth development coaches that inspire players using thoughtful methodology.
• Best practice community club model; A leader in Australia.
Meanwhile, we want to ensure that each player enjoys playing the game and learns some valuable life skills that will help them on and off the field.
Youth Development is the future of the sport
• FUN, always!
• Player Centered coaching
• Holistic approach to child development through sport
• Individual player focused
• Objective game based principles
• Research backed methods
• High standards – high level of support
• Outstanding facility and quality equipment
Mike has recently returned to the area with his wife and two young girls. Mike has extensive experience and qualifications and a deep passion for youth development and football. Mikes previous role was Academy Technical Director at an A league club and is currently a FFA Coach educator delivering the A licence coaching course.
Mikes goal is to develop the best club based academy in the country and help young players have the start in football and life that they deserve.
Mike Cooper (Technical Advisor) - far right with Steve Christou (SCFC President) and Frank Costa (SCFC Academy Ambassador).
Wait, there's more...
We also offer the following, so please get in touch for more details:
• One-on-one sessions
• Team sessions
• Conditioning sessions
• Position specific sessions
• Primary and Secondary School coaching
"If training is not fun, players will not improve."
if your son or daughter:
• Loves playing football and being active
• Is willing to listen to a coach and learn
• Wants to play, enjoy and improve
Come and be coached by a genuine youth development specialist coach and see the results for yourself. Places are limited for all programs to ensure that we can deliver a high quality learning experience for all players.